MTB Rogaine 2019
Huka Cycles Taupo in conjunction with the Taupo Mountain Bike Club are thrilled to announce the details for their newest event – MTB Mini Rogaine. MTB Rogaine combines the fun and excitement of a typical mountain bike ride with the added dimension of map reading, route choice and trying not to get lost! This family friendly event has been created to offer a fun, exciting afternoon on the bike, exploring the trails, tracks and locations around Kinloch. Purposely timed to be the last weekend of the school holidays, this is a great way to get the family together for some fun on the bike before everyone is back at school!
Enter as a team, family or take it on solo! All you need is a pen or pencil, your mountain bike (or BMX for kids) and a good sense of direction.
$5 per rider Club Member / $7 per rider Non Club Member
- You will be given a map with checkpoints worth varying points.
- You will be given a sheet with questions relating to each checkpoint.
- Then make your way to the checkpoints as quickly as you can and find the answer to the questions.
- There will be a mystery activity included.
- You have 1.5 hours to look at your map… work out the route you think is the quickest to collect as many points as possible…jump on your bike… find the checkpoint and answer the question at each point…and return to base before time is up.
- Choose your route wisely and approximately 80% of your ride will be off-road.
- Teams must stay together (50 metres apart maximum).
- Teams made up of riders under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an Adult.
- Roads remain open to the public, you must obey the road rules.
- If you are late back to base, time penalties will apply so you need to be on your game.
- The most points collected (less any penalties) wins.
Register online, then payment is made direct on the day when you sign in (cash only – no eftpos available).
Full instructions and maps will be handed out on the day at the Kinloch Lakefront and a free sausage will be waiting for you once you have completed the course.